- Backyard Self-Sufficiency by Jackie French
- A Handbook for Heretics by John Sloat
- Becoming a Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina
- World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony by Will Tuttle
- How It All Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard
- Growing 101 Herbs That Heal by Tammi Hargung
- Biotech Empire: The Untold Future of Food, Pills and Sex by Andrew Bosworth
I've written about a few of these, but I don't think I've mentioned Biotech Empire by Andrew Bosworth. I heard an interview with the author a few months ago and decided I had to read it. Some of the information was horrifying. Here is a review written by J. Preston 10/3/2008 on Amazon.com that piqued my interest even more.
I'm not sure when I'll have time to read all these books, but I will love having them waiting around for me. Maybe on Sunday afternoon I can crack a few.
Tonight I am trying a new vegan dish - Eggplant and Tofu in Spicy Garlic Sauce - that looks sooo good. And, if I have time, I want to make some Thai Mango Sticky Rice for dessert. We had some at a Thai restaurant a couple of weeks ago and it was heavenly. I have all the ingredients... just need to find the time.
Zena has doubled her weight; more pictures soon!